Open the doors to Luxury Living
Samrya 44 is a testament to Doha’s vision of making its mark in the international market. With 44 floors of elegantly-designed luxury suites, it adheres only to the highest standards in construction and HVAC.
This is a success story built on a strong foundation of expert collaboration and exceptional technical expertise. The key initiative was to optimize the partially installed Chilled Water System into a workable one which is the VRV Water Cooled with Cooling Towers without compromising as-built site conditions
Our project is a residential tower with 44 stories and total value of 450 million QAR. It was started in December 2011 and had a target completion date of April 2018.
As a result of the brainstorming sessions we’ve conducted with Daikin, along with all the efforts and perseverance of every member of the G44 team, we’ve succeeded to deliver the project which we be believe is a trademark given its unique concept and also the considerable enhancement of the final system from the original design wherein we minimized the cooling running cost by 40% and introduced heating, which was not originally conceived for.
As the building was already existing, designed for a different concept and has a fixed construction budget, the scale of the challenges was very high. However, thanks to the technology, knowledge, expertise, effort and perseverance of the team behind this project, we overcame all the obstacles and succeeded to reach our goal.
Head of Mechanical Engineering
“A challenging project in many aspects. The major drive for this solution was the trust of the client and the knowledge and openness of the consultant to design and execute a system for the first time. This project involved extensive equipment from Daikin product portfolio in the Middle East region, and it is the first project to have installed Heat recovery systems in the GCC region. The success story of this project came as a result of great partnership between Daikin and its clients and consultants. Together everything is possible!”
Strategic Key Accounts
Daikin Middle East and Africa
Preserving Site Integrity and Design
As a chilled water system has been partially installed in the building, one of the main goals of the project was to optimize it into a more customized and energy-efficient solution which will not only provide the basic HVAC needs of the building, but also address potential heating requirements.
- No change in the exterior of the building
- Ensuring building structural stability for the heavy cooling towers
- Selecting / locating chemical treatment systems for cooling towers and closed system
- Complying with Ministry of Environment and Affairs for reverse osmosis reject, multimedia filters backwash and cooling towers blow down discharge
- Ensuring all future maintenance/spare parts could be lifted by BMU and service lift.
- Thorough review of site plan and collaboration with the consultant to ensure that all safety and structural preservation measures are observed
- Offer the most efficient HVAC solution which could fulfill the design criteria of the building from an architectural and engineering point of view through the highly-efficient VRV water-cooled heat recovery system *Compact design * Low noise
- Opt for per-floor-installation to reduce costs and achieve the highest efficiency and optimum operation due to shorter pipes
Samrya Case StudyPDF | 2.31MB